In addition to the care provided to our residents, our highest priority is to maintain a healthy, safe and happy home for everyone.
ROOMS AND COMMON AREAS
• The facility is divided into four neighbor-hoods which allows for better cultural change.
• Resident rooms can be private, semi-private and wards with personal space for each resident. Residents or families/guardians can bring their own furniture or Park Forest will provide a bed, dresser and nightstand. Housekeeping services are provided for all residents.
• The facility has two courtyards with patio furniture which are used extensively during the warmer seasons.
• There are two spacious common areas, both the big screen TVs and comfortable furniture. One, which is called our Solarium, also has a beautiful bird aviary. There is also a large salt water aquarium in the hallway leading to the dining room.
KITCHEN AND DINING ROOMS
• There is a primary dining room for most residents and also a dedicated quiet dining area for restorative dining and for residents wishing for a less stimulating area.
• Dietician-approved menus are changed four times a year and focus on each season. Alternative menus are available at each meal to ensure everyone enjoys a healthy meal.
• There are coffee and tea times twice per day and snack and hydration carts which make their way through the facility three times per day.
• Continuous upgrades and improvements made to facilities and resident areas.
SECURITY AND SAFETY
• Safety and security are a major focus for the facility. Enhanced monitoring has been implemented with a Wanderguard system throughout the facility. Locking wander-prevention mechanisms are installed on all exits and an audible alarms is on main entry.
• Based on specific instances, increased supervision for at-risk residents can be implemented including 15-minute check, personal safety devices, bed alarms, etc.
• Park Forest has a transportation department which coordinates with community transportation companies for resident transport to outside appointments such as doctor’s visits, family visits and special events.
• Park Forest also has a 12 person van and a wheelchair van for outings and other resident services. It can be arranged to have a Park Forest CNA accompany the resident on an outside appointment.